Well, what do you know? It's Tuesday. And since it's been far too long since I've done a Tasty Tuesday post, I think it's time to change that. I've got a great recipe to share that I just made for dinner this evening. It was truly tasty! So let's have a peek at the cast of characters, shall we?
- 6-8 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs (you can use breasts, but we're thigh people)
- 1 Stick of Melted Butter (I never said this would be a healthy recipe, after all)
- 2 TSP Minced Garlic
- 1 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 2/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese (I used Kraft grated, but you could grate your own)
- 1 TSP Dried Basil
- Kosher Salt, to taste (optional)
- After you melt your stick of Butter, add the Minced Garlic to it in a bowl and set it aside. This gives the garlic a chance to flavor the butter.
- Gather all your other ingredients and rinse your Chicken.
- In another bowl, combine the Bread Crumbs, Parmesan Cheese, and Basil. Mix well.
- Dredge the chicken in the butter/garlic combo, then into the Bread Crumbs/Cheese mixture, and place in a 9x13" pan. Once all my chicken was in the pan I poured my leftover butter into the bottom of the pan too.
- Sprinkle the chicken with Kosher Salt. I love Kosher Salt, but feel free to use whatever salt you like, or leave it out.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 40-45 minutes. Time will vary according to your oven. Mine was probably done at 40 minutes, but I gave it an extra 5 minutes to brown the crumbs a bit more.
And once you've finished eating it, you should feel like this:
I know I did. :) Oh, and as I recall, at the last minute I decided to sprinkle on just a wee bit of granulated garlic on top of my chicken before I stuck it in the oven. I know, I already used minced garlic, but I just had this feeling that it needed...more. Yes, we're garlic people too.
On a side note, I'm curious as to why I got 7 thighs in my package of chicken. Not 8. Not 6. But 7. It's weird, no? Just something to ponder while you're copying this recipe down. Enjoy!