If you know me, you know that I'm an artist as well as a wannabe funny blogger. [Check out my ArtChickStudio.com blog, if you're interested. :) ] As an artist, I follow many art/artist blogs, one of them being the Willowing blog, by Tam Laporte. Tam recently did a post that included 31 things about herself that her readers may not not know, and she invited us to do the same and link up our post to her blog.
So in true Tinalicious spirit, and my ever-present need to babble, I thought I'd share with you 31 things about me that you may not know. And if you do know, just play along, K? It'll be a hoot. OK, maybe a hoot is setting an unrealistic expectation, but let's just roll with it, shall we?
1. I hate short pens. Hate them! When my husband leaves one on the counter I throw it away when he's not looking. I don't know what to tell you. I need full sized pens!
2. I can't stand brass. On anything. Not light fixtures. Not door knobs or hinges. And especially not faucets. As we remodeled our (1890) house over the years, all signs of brass were unceremoniously removed. Who decided brass was cool anyway? Brass is ugly. I'm sorry. It just is.
3. I don't like shoes that must be tied. I want slip-on shoes, no matter the season. It's not even about laziness. I just don't like shoelaces.
4. I need bifocals in the worst way, but I know they're expensive, so I keep putting off getting them. And as a result I have to take off my glasses or look out over the top of them to read fine print, or to see anything up close. It's embarrassing. Like it's not bad enough I'm nearsighted and have worn regular glasses since the 3rd grade--now I need bifocals too?!
5. I am still trying to fill the void that was left when LOST when off the air. Vampire Diaries helps. So does Game of Thrones. And Downton. But dude, they're not LOST.
6. And speaking of voids, I really want there to be a FRIENDS reunion show. I miss my FRIENDS. Know what I mean?
7. I hate purple. Sorry, Barney.
8. I'm an artist, and yet I've never sold any of my actual artwork. Hmm.
9. I kind of want a tattoo, but I hate needles. Alas, I'll probably never get one for that reason.
10. I worked at a McDonald's once in high school. It was the worst two weeks of my life.
11. I don't have a favorite color. And the colors I do like seem to change every few years.
12. My favorite perfume is Clinique's Happy. My second favorite is Rapture, by Victoria's Secret. Those are the only two perfumes I wear.
13. I like my coffee like I like my Hubs: strong and hot. ;)
14. I named my daughter after a soap opera character, Jennifer (Jenny) Gardner on All My Children, which I was addicted to in the 80's. I also just loved that name.
15. I'm not afraid to say the F-Word when I feel it's appropriate. My grandfather was a sailor. I proudly take after him.
16. The first book that ever made me cry was called, The Devil in Vienna, by Doris Orgel. I read that was I was 12 years old.
17. The first movie that ever made me cry was Bambi, which I watched in the back of a station wagon with my grandparents at a drive-in movie theater when I was little.
18. People that don't tip wait-staff well (or not at all) really tick me off. I've been a waitress. My mother was a waitress at one time. They don't even make minimum wage. Freaking tip them if you get good service!
19. When I was little, when I'd get upset, I used to sit in my closet and pretend it was a way to transport me to another world. And no, I'd never even read the Chronicles of Narnia.
20. I think penises are ugly. But don't tell the Hubs.
21. Sometimes I like to use the word, penis, just to make sure you're paying attention.
22. I'm addicted to art supplies. And office supplies.
23. I seriously want to meet Ian Somerhalder. Granted, I may have mentioned this once or twice before.
24. I really dislike summer and I spend much of it indoors. If it's not humid, and not over 80 degrees, I'll gladly go outside. But otherwise, forget it. I'm a Spring and Fall kind of girl.
25. I'm very computer and tech-savvy, which doesn't make a lot of sense, considering how right-brained I am.
25. I seriously dislike liars, and if you're gonna lie to my face, I'm more than likely gonna call you on it, or just walk away in disgust.
26. I think weather forecasting is a bit of a joke. They can't really forecast the weather accurately, at least not more than a few hours at a time. Yet people watch the weather and believe it like it's fool-proof. And then they get mad when its' not.
27. I've seen UFO's. I'm not kidding.
28. I had an avocado for lunch. I frequently have an avocado for lunch.
29. I wish there was a pill I could take to make my fingernails stop growing. I keep them short, and I hate cutting them all the time. It drives me nuts.
30. I love my family more than anything.
31. I think writing lists of 31 things about one's self is much more difficult than it looks.
There now. Don't you feel like you really, really know me?!